Tuesday, October 29, 2013

C4K Summary for October

Total Silence
by: Kevin

In his post, Total Silence, Kevin explains a challenge that was presented to his class. In the challenge, two partners had to solve a very confusing brain teaser without the use of verbal or written communication. Kevin explained how difficult and frustrating this challenge was, but he also expressed how much fun the activity was as well. Kevin then showed how this challenge was aligned with the book his class was reading; in the book, one of the characters could not talk. The challenge gave Kevin and his classmates the opportunity to feel how the character in the book felt.

In my comments to Kevin, I expressed how frustrated I would be if I were unable to communicate with words or writing; I advised Kevin there are other ways to communicate without using words. I also asked Kevin if he was able to successfully complete the challenge.

Out of My Mind
by: Amy

In Amy's post, Out of My Mind, she describes what service dogs are used for, and she gives a website that gives more information about the use of service dogs. Amy's post references a book her class read about a character that could not talk. Amy then asks questions concerning the book regarding how the main character would react to a new sibling or how the service dog would help the character.

In my comment to Amy, I expressed gratitude for the information about service dogs. I also added that the addition of a new sibling is most likely a difficult transition for all involved; however, adjustments are generally made in the household that make the transition quick and painless.

My Awesome Week
by: Sophia

Sophia's post, My Awesome Week, gives a review of what Sophia learned throughout the week. Sophia explained that on Monday she had a substitute teacher that took the class on a "road trip" via her social studies book concerning the different states. On Tuesday, Sophia and her class read a book and had Music for the first time. Sophia did well on her first "states" test, and she also said she had lots of homework.

In my comments to Sophia, I advised her that I am taking Geography and have map tests as well. I told Sophia that her "road trip" sounded like a fun assignment. I wished her luck completing all of her homework, and I let her know that homework could be fun especially when you get to learn new things.

Dairy Farmer
by: Ofa

Ofa describes the good, the bad, and the interesting things about dairy farming in her post, Dairy Farmer. Ofa made a chart of the many things involved in dairy farming. A couple of the good things were that you got to have a four-wheeler, and you get to have your own farm. Some things Ofa said were bad things are, getting up early and getting "squashed" between cows.

In my comment to Ofa, I explained that I live on a farm, but it is not a dairy farm. I advised Ofa that it is not too hard to get up early if you go to bed on time. I also told Ofa that having a four-wheeler is a really fun part of farming.

No comments:

Post a Comment