Saturday, October 5, 2013

Project #2 - Personal Learning Network

Personal Learning Network (PLN) Growth Progress

When beginning this class, EDM310, I was honestly a little skeptical about signing up for Twitter, Skype, Google+, and YouTube even. However, after a few short weeks, I quickly learned that there is nothing to fear about using these types of technology. I have found great resources that I am adding to my PLN. Twitter is a great place to quickly see what others are thinking and how individuals are learning in any given moment. I personally like Google+ and the resources I am gaining through the people and communities I am following. For example, Google Apps in Education provides me with instructions on using Google Apps in the classroom, and Education Revolution seems to have daily updates of resources to follow. I am still learning how to best use Google+ as well as Twitter and other resources, but I can already see the benefits. Another site that was introduced to me was iCurio, this website it essentially a curated search engine that will allow me to find learning material for my students that follows the ACCRS standards. The resources on this site seem to be endless, and I enjoy exploring the information found here.

Teacher's Personal Learning Network
While my PLN is certainly growing, it has not reached its fullest potential, and I doubt it ever will, as you can never stop growing a PLN. I do hope to continue conversation with some of the teachers and children I have encountered through our C4K and C4T assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment