Saturday, November 16, 2013

C4K Summary for November

No Justice for All
Authored by: Jacqueline

In her post, "No Justice for All...," Jacqueline highlights a Supreme Court case in which the court ruled that sentencing intellectually disabled persons to death row was "cruel and unusual," and these individuals should not be prosecuted as harshly. Jacqueline goes on to discuss a current case in courts; in this case, the defendant is being sentenced to death. The defendant registered an IQ of 71; therefore, the state of Florida does not consider this defendant to be "mentally-retarded" as his IQ is one point higher than what Florida considers intellectually disabled. Jacqueline pointed out that each state has different criteria, and this type of criteria is "not justice for all."

In my response to Jacqueline, I thanked her for highlighting this issue, as I was unaware of the court cases she wrote about. Jacqueline did an outstanding job of crafting her post, and I gave appropriate praise for her well thought out blog post.

Every Picture Tells a Story

Authored by: Brooklyn

Brooklyn tells a narrative story about a man and his brothers in this blog post. Brooklyn's story was about four brothers who were planting a garden, but they did not take care of it properly. Their father became upset because all the crops died due to improper care. In the end, the father and sons gave each other a hug. Brooklyn also graded herself on how well she did in writing the post.

I commented to Brooklyn that her story was enjoyable. I also advised her that the grading rubric was a good idea, and I stated the rubric was a good way to look back at the progress she was making.

I Can Write
Authored by: Loseti

In this post, a student named Loseti shows us how they wrote their name in the sand during a field trip experience. The students were enjoying a picnic at the river when Loseti wrote his name in the sand. In my response to this post, I told Loseti, that I like to build sand castles when I go to the beach. I also advised Loseti of the awesome job he did on writing his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment