Sunday, November 24, 2013

Project #2 -PLN

My Personal Learning Network (PLN)

As a reminder to myself, I ask, "What is a PLN?" A PLN is a set of people and tools that I can rely on for collaboration, resources, and help when needed. My PLN has grown somewhat this semester; my social circle previously did not include many educators, as I am experiencing a change in careers. This semester has assisted me in networking in the educational realm. Through blog assignments, C4T, C4C, and C4K, I have found websites, tools, and individuals that I will call upon in the future to provide support. The most influential resource I encountered was people. Yes, people! I have gained the feedback of many educators in my own community by sharing the knowledge I have gained and asking for assistance from them on issues I do not understand. One teacher allowed me access to her classroom to utilize the Promethean board to gain a better understanding of this technology, and another teacher asked for my assistance in creating a picture slideshow for her class. I enjoy talking face to face; however, I did enjoy a FaceTime conversation with one educator who provided me with a better understanding of Common Core Standards.

While the people I have met this semester were extraordinary and professional, the tools I have gained are countless. This past summer, I had one web browser and one social networking site membership. Now, when I log in to my computer, I have a widget sidebar with quick links to my favorite sites, my Google Chrome browser has many shortcuts to educational applications that I have found useful, and I have more items in my "reading list" that I know will contain more resources.

My PLN will never stop changing, I have already "trashed" a few tools that I found unnecessary or not user friendly. I cannot wait to speak with more educators and gain even more resource; I know this is just the beginning to my journey, and I hope for many more years of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment